GENERAL DATA PROTECTION (GDPR) and what it means to you.
Cara Lees Yacht Crew Ltd (CLYC Ltd.) is committed to protecting your Personal data through Cara Lees Yacht Crew website and via email. This privacy notice will inform you how your Personal Data is controlled. The privacy notice gives you information on how CLYC Ltd. collects and processes your personal data once it’s received through the CLYC site or social media i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn or email. Also, for the Recruitment services we provide to our clients. CLYC Ltd. is responsible for holding your personal data and using that data for potential jobs currently or in the future.
How we use your personal data and the legal basis for the processing
· We store your information for easy access to contact you for potential job prospects and to communicate together
· To send your CV to potential clients – with your consent when applying for jobs/positions
· We also request references & qualifications that are needed for the roles that you’re applying for It is important that personal data is accurate and up to date. If your personal data changes, then please get in touch so this can be changed as soon as possible. This can be done by telephone or email on the information provided on the CLYC website. CLYC will only share your personal information i.e., CV with contact details to the following parties:Potential employers, recruitment agencies. The companies or clients that we deal with are also required to take measures to protect your personal information once received and will only be used for current or future job prospects.
Client data and how we use it
- We store client’s data such as contact name, email address, telephone number, invoicing details, confidentiality agreements between the client and CLYC, ships registration, Contracts, Crew Insurance
- To provide references on any previously employed candidate
Applicants’ data and how we use it
· On application for work we will collect, store and use your following personal information accordingly.
· Name/Title, CV, Email, DOB, Nationality, Contact no, References, Certificates, Medical Certificate Please note that the above list of categories is not exhaustive and CLYC may collect other information or data that is required for the position you’re applying for.
How your personal Data is collected
The Client CLYC collects information directly from you by either sending information through the CLYC site, via email, social media or on the telephone. The Applicants CLYC collects information directly from you by either sending information through the CLCY site, via email or InterviewThird parties i.e. social media, Facebook, LinkedIn , other recruitment agencies
The Decision Making and Profiling
A person or individual will always be involved when searching for ideal candidates for jobs. CLYC does not send out group emails, mailshots for advertising or spam mail
CLYC has put into place appropriate security measure to prevent your personal data from being lost or compromised CLYC is protected/Insured through the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) In the UK. For more information on the ICO – please visit the site below https://ico.org.ukCLYC is a data controller. All personal data/information at the time of employment is sent directly to the employer and dealt with professionally and securely.
Your legal rights and data retention
We will hold your personal information for up to 1 year. If you would like your personal data erased before this time, then please email the (DPO) Data Protection Officer Cara Lees: email@example.com No charges will apply to do this.
The right of access.
The right to erasure.
This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
The right to restrict processing.
You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
The right to object to processing.
You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e. receiving emails from us notifying you about other services we provide which we think may be of interest to you or being contacted with varying potential opportunities). You may change this option by emailing us direct
The right to lodge a complaint.
You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your national data protection regulator through ICO email address is above.
The right to withdraw consent.
If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data (i.e we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information when receive your request but if the request is going to take longer to deal with, we’ll come back to you and let you know within 1 week – as above.
Changes to this Privacy Police Notice
Cara Lees Yacht Crew Ltd. reserves the right to modify, revise and update this notice at any time. We will notify you about changes via our website.
Last Revision: April 2021.